Friday, March 21, 2014

I was dreaming the other night and half awoke, completely expecting Rafael to be there. You all know how that is, when you wake up from a dream and feel the overwhelming disappointment of reality. I haven't experienced that since my mother and sister passed away. I just wanted to go back to sleep... for the rest of the day and stay in my happy place. Unfortunately that accomplishes no positive results. BLAH!

This week's been especially difficult- I was at a friends gathering where a guest was there with her 18mo old daughter, and I could only think of Catalina, who in less than a month, will be the same age, and I just wanted to squeeze that baby thinking of my own. Each family that has come into the restaurant I work at this week (and there have been many) with their young children, I can only picture my own family and the times and meals we are missing together....

Yesterday I was finally able to Skype with my family and it was really nice to see that Catalina now recognizes mommy on the screen and trying to engage with me, trying to give me kisses and actually "talking" to me. It's bittersweet to be able to see & talk to them, I LOVE  seeing their sweet faces and hearing their voices, but Oh it's heart wrenching every time to see what I'm missing and to have to say goodbye.

Coming up, I'm meeting with Senator Maria Cantwell's office and have an in studio interview with Univision Seattle....let's hope the meeting with Cantwell's office will give me good things to say about her in my t.v. interview. Our Senators have power and influence, my prayer is that they use it for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment