Friday, March 14, 2014

Meeting with Senator Patty Murray

I'm excited! I just returned from a meeting with Patty Murray's representative regarding our family's case. My continual thanks to all of you advocating to Senators Murray & Cantwell on our behalf! My hope is that our Senators and Congress persons recognize that our circumstances impact so many others, and they are also willing to use their influence to advocate on our behalf with DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson & Attorney General Eric Holder. I can't say I left the meeting encouraged, but I recognize that it is a step in the process. 
 
I was told, "we are willing to assist you within the process available by law" -excellent because I am not asking for anything outside of the law, I am however requesting help in obtaining a parole visa available from the DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson & Attorney General Eric Holder. So I hope my Senators will recognize their ability to request with me on my behalf and be willing to do just that. It would be so much simpler if I knew personally any of these persons. Do any of you readers?
 
It's been nearly 7 months now that I've been without my family. I am in a daily battle to remain strong, trying not to give in to mourning and sorrow, knowing Rafael and our daughters are surrounded by family and loving support helps. I also know that all thing will work together for good, that I have to wait, for God's perfect plan to be accomplished. The waiting is the hardest, but it is also developing character in me. Longsuffering wouldn't have been my choice, but I'm definitely growing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment